Friday Recap 4/29: All Things People’s Fair!Posted: April 29, 2011
There’s a lot going on at CHUN as we gear up for the 40th annual People’s Fair the first weekend in June. Here’s a recap of what’s happening right now!
- A mere 36 Days until the People’s Fair kicks off Summer! It’s getting warmer, everything’s getting a little greener, soon we’ll be throwing Denver’s favorite annual party in Civic Center Park!
- Bands notified: bands that made it into the fair were notified this week. We are just a few days away from posting the full lineup and stage schedule! Subscribe to this blog to get the lineup straight to your inbox.
- Do you like scavenger hunts? We love them. That’s why we’ve created one that will be taking place at the People’s Fair this year, and anyone can play! The People’s Fair “Passport” scavenger hunt will be announced in more detail next week!
- New on All Things People’s Fair: volunteer spotlight and vendor spotlight. If you are a volunteer or vendor at the fair and would like to have a post dedicated to you, please send an email to email@example.com and you’ll be profiled on the site!
- Speaking of volunteers, the People’s Fair needs volunteers. Here are some of the things our beloved volunteers get:
- A 2011 People’s Fair official volunteer t-shirt
- An invitation to our annual CHUN Capitol Hill People’s Fair Kick-off Party
- Complimentary soft drinks and snacks during your shift, and complimentary beer after your shift (for those 21 years of age and older)
- Regular communication in the months leading up to the People’s Fair, in the form of our volunteer newsletter, the Fairfax
- A “countdown packet” in May with detailed volunteer shift information and helpful general People’s Fair information for the weekend of the Fair
- A great volunteer opportunity in a festive, outdoor setting
- The satisfaction of knowing that you were part of producing one of the largest two-day festivals in the country.
- SIGN UP ONLINE HERE!
- Posters, Posters, Posters! See this post for 40 year’s worth of People’s Fair promotional posters. Which is your favorite?